PDFsam PDF Split and Merge
pdfsam is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to handle pdf files. It’s released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced.
pdfsam branch 1: Java Virtual Machine 1.4.2 or higher
pdfsam branch 2: Java Virtual Machine 1.6 or higher
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With it’s simple and intuitive interface you can:
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
- rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
- visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
- visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
- save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
This is the enhanced version of pdfsam. In this version you’ll find all the basic features plus:
- encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
- add a pdf frontpage or an addendum (or both) to your pdf documents.
- decrypt pdf documents.
- extract attachments from your pdf documents.
- set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.
More information and to download click here